Live-in care for seniors means having a qualified, experienced caregiver at your loved one’s home at all times to care for them and ensure their safety. This is a great option when your loved one can no longer live by themselves, but does not want to leave their home of many years.
Why Would an Elderly Loved One Need Live-In Care?
As our loved ones age, health conditions can arise that makes it unsafe for them to live alone.
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s can effect the ability of your family member to live alone and take care of their daily needs. Dangers of being alone can include accidentally starting a fire because they forget that there is food on the stove or leaving the house to go for a walk and forgetting how to get home. Having someone there can prevent an emergency from happening.
- Falls can happen any time if a person is unsteady, but may be more likely at night. If your loved one is dealing with dizziness or unsteadiness, having a caregiver there all of the time can prevent your loved one from ending up in the hospital due to a broken hip or worse.
- If your loved one is bed ridden, it is important to have someone there at all time to assist them with all of their daily living skills. This includes changing their depends, bathing, and repositioning them so bed sores do not form.
- Your loved one Is recovering from a sickness or illness. Live-in care is especially important if your loved one lives alone and was discharged from the hospital or rehab facility. Having a caregiver there can lessen the chance of a relapse.
- Family members live far away and your loved one is dealing with mobility issues. It is important to keep them safe and having a caregiver there can provide peace of mind.
Live-In Care Services
Live-in services provided are customized to the needs of the senior, but generally include”
- Personal care (bathing, hair care, etc., if needed)
- Medication management
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Running errands
- Meal planning and preparation
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Pet care
- Assistance with making appointments
- Playing games
A live-in caregiver is there to provide support for your loved one’s specific needs to ensure that they are comfortable, safe, and independent at home.
Have questions about Live-In Home Care? Call Us Today (480) 618-5995
Live-in care means having a fully trained carer living with you in your own home. Your live in carer will support you with your specific needs to keep you comfortable and independent at home.