Heart disease develops from the buildup of fatty deposits (plaques) inside the walls of the coronary arteries over time. This usually happens from poor habits in diet and exercise, plus aging leads to changes in the heart and blood vessels. These collectively is why seniors are more likely to suffer a stroke, heart attack, or to develop heart disease and heart failure.
At the beginning stages of having heart disease, you may not have any symptoms or just a few symptoms that could be unnoticeable.
Warning signs of heart disease may include:
- Pain, numbness, and/or tingling in the shoulders, arms, neck, jaw, or back
- Shortness of breath
- Persistent coughing
- Chest pain during physical activity
- Cold sweats
- Swelling in the ankles, feet, legs, stomach, and/or neck
- Problems doing your normal activities
It is important to have regular checkups with your doctor. Chest pains do not always occur as the disease progresses, so it is imperative to pay attention to the other warning signs. The beginning stages can be treated and manageable if you follow a healthier lifestyle.
Our specialized caregivers can help you manage heart disease by:
- Planning a menu of nutritious meals & snacks
- Making healthy meals
- Can Pre-Make healthy freezer meals that you just need to heat & eat
- Running errands and grocery shopping
- Medication reminders so you never forget to take your medications
- Provide transportation to appointments
- Companionship so you are never lonely
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Can do low-impact exercises with you or go for a walk
Having one of our specialized caregivers can reduce stress by having someone there with your loved one in an event of an emergency. Our specialized caregivers are trained to notice emergencies and also thoroughly document their visits so everyone is always on the same page.
Call Us today to learn how our caregivers can enhance the life of your loved one! (480) 618-5995