Areas Served: The Entire Valley of Phoenix Arizona
Leading Edge Senior Care provides care from Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Tempe, Gold Canyon, San Tan Valley, Queen Creek, Phoenix, Sun City, Laveen, Buckeye, Glendale, Litchfield Park, Peoria, and Casa Grande.
Too often, with age comes loneliness. One of our companions will provide companionship, emotional support, and improve the overall quality of life. This is about building a relationship between the companion and your loved one. It gives your family member something to look forward to when they know someone is coming to visit while giving you peace of mind that there is someone with your loved one when you can’t be there. The companion will be with them to have a conversation, socialize, play a game, have someone to do their hobbies with, do errands, provide transportation, medication reminders, meal preparation, and do all of the housekeeping.
Meal preparation is a vital part of companion service, ensuring that your loved one is eating healthy home cooked meals. We have created our own cookbook collection “Leading Edge Senior Cuisine” and a system that ensures your loved one always has meals available to them.
Companion care is available from a minimum of 2 hours to however many hours are needed. It’s an excellent choice for seniors who live alone or don’t have a lot of family and friends nearby.
It is also good for respite care. The primary caregiver gets a much-needed break and the senior loved one has fun interacting with another caring person. Respite care is a flexible option designed to support family members as they promote their loved one’s goal of aging in their home. Our respite caregivers are available day or night, holidays, and weekends, and they can even step in to provide 24-hour overnight support during times of travel or vacation. As your loved one’s care needs change, services can easily be increased or decreased to meet them.
Like all of our services, we use our personalized approach to create a detailed care plan to meet your and your loved one’s needs. Here is the full list of services included:
- Engaging in companionship and conversation
- Playing games and cards
- Renting and playing movies
- Creating a family scrapbook
- Building a puzzle
- Encouraging participation with crafts or other hobbies
- Helping read
- Assisting with morning wake-up and evening tuck-in
- Helping select clothes and assist with dressing
- Medication Reminders
- Meal planning and preparation
- Grocery shopping & running errands
- Monitoring eating patterns and diet
- Inspecting food expiration dates
- Completing all of the housekeeping
- Changing bed linens
- Pet Care
- Maintaining a calendar
- Arranging appointments and providing reminders
- Planning and accompanying to recreational activities/outings
- Visiting neighbors and friends
- Encouraging participation in community activities
- Monitoring visitors
Providing transportation to:
- Doctor appointments
- Social outings
- Lunch or dinner
- Plays and concerts
- Religious services
- Sporting events
- Other places that transportation is needed